lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: Optimize concern in Solr 3.2
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:04:55 GMT
> I have recently upgraded from Solr 1.4 to Solr 3.2.  In Solr 1.4 only 3
> files (one .cfs & two segments) file were made in *index/* directory.
> (after
> doing optimize).
>
> Now, in Solr 3.2, the optimize seems not be working. My final number of
> files in *index/* directory are in 7-8 in number. Can anyone suggest
> what
> might be the issue.

What are the extensions of the files in the index directory - is it stuff like .fdt, .tis,
.frq? It sounds like when you used 1.4, you had useCompoundFile set to true in your solrconfig.xml,
but now you have it set to false. Or perhaps the default behavior changed between 1.4 and
3.2.

You may find this page to be useful - it describes the purpose of each of the file types in
the index:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_2_0/fileformats.html

-Michael