lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From roySolr <royrutten1...@gmail.com>
Subject Slow autocomplete(terms)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:57:40 GMT
Hello,

I used the terms request for autocomplete. It works fine with 200.000
records but with 2 million docs it's very slow..

I use some regex to fix autocomplete in the middle of words, example: chest
-> manchester.

My call(pecl PHP solr):

$query = new SolrQuery();
$query->setTermsLimit("10");

$query->setTerms(true);
$query->setTermsField($field);

$term = SolrUtils::escapeQueryChars ($term);
$query->set("terms.regex","(.*)$term(.*)");
$query->set("terms.regex.flag","case_insensitive");

I think the regex is the reason for the very high query time: Solr search
between 2 million docs with a regex. The query takes 2 seconds, this is to
much for the autocomplete. A user typed "manchester united" and solr needs
to do 16 query's from 2 seconds. Are there some other options? Faster
solutions?

I use solr 3.1