lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to reserve ids?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:40:49 GMT
Gabriele,

Using "msn.com" as a stopword would simply mean that msn.com would not be indexed and therefore
a search for "msn.com" would not yield results.  You could still search for "hotmail" and
it may match documents that have "msn.com" token stored in them, even though "msn.com" is
a stopword.

Otis

P.S.
No need to CC me, I'm on the list.
----

i understand how it works. By having msn.com as a stopword it doesnt mean i wont get msn.com
as a result for say 'hotmail'. My understanding is that msn.com will never make it to the
similarity function and thus affect the score calculation. But seldom does the url anyway
(in my searches on content)!