lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From hadi <md.anb...@gmail.com>
Subject heap size problem when indexinf files with solrj
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:55:20 GMT
I write a simple program with solrj that index files but after a minute
passed it crashed and the
*java.lang.OutOfmemoryError : java heap space* appear

I used Eclipse and my memory storage is abou 2GB and i set the
-Xms1024M-Xmx2048M for both my VM arg of tomcat and my application in Debug
Configuration and uncomment the maxBufferedDocs in solrconfig and set it to
100 then run again my application but it crashed soon when it reach the
files greater than 500MB

is there any config to index large files with solrj?
the detail my solrj is as below:

String urlString = "http://localhost:8983/solr/file";
CommonsHttpSolrServer solr = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(urlString);

ContentStreamUpdateRequest req = new
ContentStreamUpdateRequest("/update/extract");

eq.addFile(file);
req.setParam("literal.id", file.getAbsolutePath());
req.setParam("literal.name", file.getName());
req.setAction(ACTION.COMMIT, true, true);

solr.request(req);