lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: is it possible to do automatic indexing in solr ?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:43:13 GMT
If you are indexing data, rather than "documents", another possibility is to use database triggers
to fire off updates.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:13 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: is it possible to do automatic indexing in solr ?

There is no scheduling built into Solr.  But many, including the search system deployed on
our (Lucid's) website, is powered by cron jobs kicking off indexers of various varieties all
the time.

Look into your operating systems scheduling capabilities and leverage those, is my advice.
 Cron is your friend.

	Erik