lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: Synonyms Not Working when using SRC & DEST
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:11:01 GMT
It won't work given your current schema.  To get the desired results, you would need to expand
your synonyms at both index AND query time.  Right now your schema seems to specify it only
at index time.

So, as the other respondent indicated, currently you replace allergy with the other list when
indexing, and since allergy is not replaced during query, it gets no hits.

It almost sounds like a case where you could consider synonym expansion only at query time,
rather than at index time (though that is usually not advisable for reasons discussed on the
Wiki).  Then Allergy would get expanded during a search, and hit the documents with Doctors,
etc.

JRJ

-----Original Message-----
From: balaji [mailto:mcabalaji@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:24 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Synonyms Not Working when using SRC & DEST

Hi Chris

    The Terms Doctors , Doctors-Medical are all present in my Document body,
title fields etc..  but Allergy Test is not . So what I am doing in synonym
file is if a user searches for allergy test bring me results that match
Doctors etc.. i.e
Explicit mappings match any token sequence on the LHS of "=>"  and replace
with all alternatives on the RHS.

    So when I do a search "allergy test" it should map with doctors and
should bring me results but it is not mapping . Is there any way I make it
work

    Hope it clarifies

Thanks
Balaji