lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: Spellcheck
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 13:00:31 GMT
> " Following up from your message on the Nutch list. If q=*:* is showing you empty <doc></doc>
elements,
no fields are getting indexed."

I don't think that is correct.  I believe that the correct statement would be no fields are
getting *** stored ***.  If the fields were not getting indexed, they would not get any hits
at all: there would be no document returned -- no doc elements.  If he is getting hits, but
the resulting document is empty, that would mean to me that there was nothing stored in any
fields to return.