lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: can indexing information stored in db rather than filesystem?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:00:48 GMT
I don't think you understand.  Solr does not have the code to do that.  It just isn't there,
nor would I expect it would ever be there.

Solr is open source though.  You could look at the code and figure out how to do it (though
why anyone would do that remains beyond my ability to understand).  As the saying goes:  "Knock
yourself out".

(Happy programmer's day to all.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmers'_Day ).

JRJ

-----Original Message-----
From: kiran.bodigam [mailto:kiran.bodigam@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:51 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: can indexing information stored in db rather than filesystem?

Thanks for u r reply guys....

As suggested i agree that we are losing many of the benefits of Solr/Lucene
but i still want to store the index output (index files) in db table please
suggest what are the steps i need to follow to configure the db with SOLR
Engine (As how we done in it solrconfig.xml
<dataDir>${solr.data.dir:}</dataDir> similarly i would like to give the path
for db table)..?