lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: index not created
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:37:49 GMT
> changed the configuration to point it to my solr dir and started it again

You might look in your logs to see where Solr thinks the Solr home directory is and/or if
it complains about not being able to find it.  As a guess, it can't find it, perhaps because
solr.solr.home does not point to the right place.  As a result, the servlet can't actually
find the Solr code, and isn't really indexing anything at all.

For my tomcat install test, I put the following in startup.bat  (Windows, but the Linux startup
script startup.sh would be similar).

set "JAVA_OPTS=-Dsolr.solr.home=C:/pro/apache-solr-3.3.0/example/solr"

(my JAVA_OPTS has a bunch of other stuff for security, waffle, etc., but this is the one that
would matter in your case).

JRJ