lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Jay.Jae...@dot.wi.gov>
Subject RE: Schema fieldType y-m-d ?!?!
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:39:13 GMT
Just add a bogus 0 timestamp after it when you index it.  That is what we did.  Dates are not
stored or indexed as characters, anyway, so space would not be any different one way or the
other.

JRJ

-----Original Message-----
From: stockii [mailto:stock.jonas@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:56 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Schema fieldType y-m-d ?!?!

is it possible to index a datefield in the format of "y-m-d" ? i dont need
the timestamp. so i can save me some space.

which ways exists to search with a complex date-filter !?

-----

One Server, 12 GB RAM, 2 Solr Instances, 7 Cores,
1 Core with 31 Million Documents other Cores < 100.000

- Solr1 for Search-Requests - commit every Minute  - 5GB Xmx
- Solr2 for Update-Request  - delta every Minute - 4GB Xmx