lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Roland Tollenaar <rwatollen...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 07:48:01 GMT
Hi All,

I want to clear the solr server and start loading documents afresh.

According to the information I found on internet I would have to do
somethign like this:

which in my case returns:

<?xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8?>

<response>

name=QTime>0</int></lst>

</response>

I have tried following this command up with:

http://localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true&-H&Content-Type:&text/xml&--data-binary&'<commit/>'

and

-http://localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true&-H&Content-Type:&text/xml&--data-binary&'<optimize/>'

all of which reply with the same

<?xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8?>

<response>

name=QTime>0</int></lst>

</response>

response.

But when I run a query, all data is still returned.

I have also tried removing an entry specifically by id, exactly the same
behaviour. Record is never deleted.

Restarting the solr server after all this also does not help.

I have also tried using curl but that complains to this line:

 >curl http://localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true -H "Content-Type:

with:

"< was unexpected at this time."

no idea what to make of that......

I hope someone can give some advice here.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Roland