lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: FastVectorHighlighter with wildcard queries
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 23:26:39 GMT
(11/09/09 6:16), Rahul Warawdekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently evaluating the FastVectorHighlighter in a Solr search based
> project and have a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is there any specific reason why the FastVectorHighlighter does not
> provide support for multiterm(wildcard) queries ?
> 2. What are the other constraints when using FastVectorHighlighter ?

FVH used to have typical constrains:

1. supports only TermQuery and PhraseQuery (and BooleanQuery/DisjunctionMaxQuery that
    include TQ and PQ)
2. ignores word boundary

But now for 1, FVH will support other queries:

I believe it is almost closed to be fixed. For 2, FVH in the latest trunk/3x, pays
regard to word or sentence boundary through BoundaryScanner:

koji
--
Check out "Query Log Visualizer" for Apache Solr
http://www.rondhuit-demo.com/loganalyzer/loganalyzer.html