lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Massimo Schiavon <mschia...@volunia.com>
Subject Delete documents with empty fields
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:53:04 GMT
I want to delete all documents with empty title field.
If i run the query -title:[* TO *] I obtain the correct list of
documents but when I submit to solr the delete command:

curl http://localhost:8080/solr/web/update\?commit=true -H

none of the documents were deleted.

After a bit of debugging I have noted that the query was internally
rewritten by org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.createNormalizedWeight to
an empty query.

It is a bug or there is another way to do this operation? (or there is
no way?)

Regards

Massimo