lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:32:22 GMT
On 9/21/2011 3:10 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : With no mergeFactor defined, maxMergeAtOnce and segmentsPerTier seem to be
> : ignored.  I've got both set to 35, but Solr is merging every 10 segments.  I
> : Here's the relevant config pieces.  These two sections are in separate files
> : incorporated into solrconfig.xml using xinclude:
> :
> :<indexDefaults>
>
> do you have a "<mainIndex>" section with mergeFactor defined there?

The mergeFactor section is in my config, but it's commented out.  I left
out the commented sections when I included it before.  It doesn't appear
anywhere else.  Here's the full config snippet with comments:

<indexDefaults>
<useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>
<!--
<mergeFactor>35</mergeFactor>
-->
<mergeScheduler class="org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler">
<int name="maxMergeCount">4</int>
<int name="maxThreadCount">4</int>
</mergeScheduler>
<!--
<termIndexInterval>64</termIndexInterval>
-->
<ramBufferSizeMB>96</ramBufferSizeMB>
<maxFieldLength>32768</maxFieldLength>
<writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>
<commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>
<lockType>native</lockType>
</indexDefaults>

Here's the mainIndex section:

<mainIndex>
<unlockOnStartup>true</unlockOnStartup>
<reopenReaders>true</reopenReaders>
<deletionPolicy class="solr.SolrDeletionPolicy">
<str name="maxCommitsToKeep">1</str>
<str name="maxOptimizedCommitsToKeep">0</str>
</deletionPolicy>
<infoStream file="INFOSTREAM.txt">false</infoStream>
</mainIndex>

Thanks,
Shawn