lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Optimize fails with OutOfMemory Exception - sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map involved
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:15:14 GMT
Michael,

What is the best central place on an rpm-based distro (CentOS 6 in my
case) to raise the vmem limit for specific user(s), assuming it's not
already correct?  I'm using /etc/security/limits.conf to raise the open
file limit for the user that runs Solr:

ncindex         hard    nofile  65535
ncindex         soft    nofile  49151

Thanks,