lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Roland Tollenaar <rwatollen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: matching reponse and request
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 08:24:59 GMT
Hi Otis,

this is absolutely brilliant! I did not think it were possible.

It opens up a new possibility.

If I insert device ID's in this manner (as in a unique identifier of the
device sending the request) , might it be possible to control (at least
block or permit) the permissions of the user?

It seems like something of the sort is possible but I only come up with
this:

http://search-lucene.com/m/Yuib11zCeYN

No redirect to where the permissions can be set (in schema) and how the
requests are identified to come from a particular user/device......

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Roland

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi Roland,
>
> Check this:
>
> <response>
> <lst name="responseHeader">
> <int name="status">0</int>
> <int name="QTime">0</int>
> <lst name="params">
> <str name="indent">on</str>
> <str name="start">0</str>
> <str name="q">solr</str>
> <str name="foo">1</str>            <=== from &foo=1
> <str name="version">2.2</str>
> <str name="rows">10</str>
> </lst>
>
> I added &foo=1 to the request to Solr and got the above back.
>
> Otis
> ----

in the sequence I send the requests.

>> The shortest responses arrive back first....
>>
>> I am wondering whether I can add a tag to the request which will be given back to
me in the response so that when the response comes I can connect it to re original request
and handle it in the appropriate manner.