lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Field type change / copy field
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:10:07 GMT
Hi,

Is this simply for returning a date string, or do you really need a full-blown Date object
for your years?
I'd probably go with a "tint" field for the faceting on year, if year is the lowest date resolution
you need.
If you need to convert 2008 to 2008-01-01T00:00:00Z to put into a real "date" field, then
send it in from your client twice or write a UpdateProcessor to construct the date field based
on the year field.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 24. aug. 2011, at 11:53, Oliver Schihin wrote:

> Hello list
>
> My documents come with a field holding a date, always a year:
> <year>2008</year
>
> In the schema, this content is taken for a field <year> as an integer, and it will
be searchable.

> Through a copyfield-instruction I move the <year> to a <facet_year>-field,
you guess, to use it for faceting and make range queries possible. Its field type is of the
class 'solr.TrieDateField' that requires canonical date representation. Is there a way in
solr to extend the simple year to <facet_year>2008-01-01T00:00:00Z</facet_year>.
Or, do i have to solve the problem in preprocessing, before posting?