lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From alx...@aim.com
Subject apply filter to spell filed
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:03:42 GMT

 Hello,

I have implemented spellchecker in two ways.
1. Adding a textspell type to schema.xml and making a copy field from original content field,
which is type text.
2. without adding new type and copy field. Simple adding name of spell field, content to solrconfig.xml

I have an issue in both cases. In case 1. data folder becomes twice bigger and it comes with
additional copy field which is a exact copy of content field and is an unnecessary data .
In case 2 , suggestions are lower cases of search keywords, i.e. if a user searches for "Jessica
Alba", solr suggests "jessica alba".

So my question is that is it possible to resolve this issue without adding additional type
and  copy field to the schema.xml?

Thanks.
Alex.