lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marc Des Garets <marc.desgar...@192.com>
Subject question about StandardAnalyzer, differences between solr 1.4 and solr 3.3
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:21:27 GMT
Hi,

I have a simple field defined like this:
    <fieldtype name="text" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer class="org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer"/>
    </fieldtype>

Which I use here:
   <field name="middlename" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false" />

In solr 1.4, I could do:
?q=(middlename:a*)

And I was getting all documents where middlename = A or where middlename starts by the letter
A.

In solr 3.3, I get only results where middlename starts by the letter A but not where middlename
is equal to A.

The thing is this happens only with the letter A, with other letters, it is fine, I get the
ones starting by the letter and the ones equal to the letter. My guess is that it considers
A as the English article but I do not specify any filter with stopwords so how come the behaviour
with the letter A is different from the other letters? Is there a bug? How can I change my
field to work with the letter A, the same way it does with other letters.

Thanks,
Marc
This transmission is strictly confidential, possibly legally privileged, and intended solely
for the
addressee.  Any views or opinions expressed within it are those of the author and do not necessarily

represent those of 192.com, i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd or any of it's subsidiary companies.
 If you
are not the intended recipient then you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance
of this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender as
soon as
possible.  No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf
of
i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd with another party by email without express written confirmation
by an
authorised employee of the Company. http://www.192.com (Tel: 08000 192 192).  i-CD Publishing
(UK) Ltd
is incorporated in England and Wales, company number 3148549, VAT No. GB 673128728.