lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr and DateTimes - bug?
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:26:20 GMT
Hi,

Can you try to make a plain HTTP query from the admin GUI on your index and tell us what the
XML response is for that date field?
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*
If that date output is wrong as well, there may be a bug with Solr. If it is correct, you
have a problem in SolrNet.

Btw, which version of Solr do you use?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 12. sep. 2011, at 00:28, Nicklas Overgaard wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I just started playing around with solr, however i'm facing some trouble. The test data
i'm indexing with solr is, amongst other things, containing date and times.

> By the way, I'm using mono and i'm talking to solr through the SolrNet library.
>
> The issue i'm facing:
>
> Some of the dates corresponds to the DateTime.MinValue of .net, which is "0001-01-01
00:00:00". When this date is returned from Solr, it's returned like "1-01-01T00:00:00Z". Now,
I figured out that solr supposedly should return dates according to the ISO 8601 standard
- but the above output is not in that format.

> This basically leads to mono breaking down because it's not able to parse the above date.
If i add three leading zeroes, it parses just fine (so it becomes "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z",
the correct ISO 8601 format).

> So my question is: Is this a bug in the solr output engine, or should mono be able to
parse the date as given from solr? I have not yet tried it out on .net as I do not have access
to a windows machine at the moment.