lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Lucene->SOLR transition
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:30:06 GMT
I've been using lucene for a number of years.  We've now decided to move to SOLR.  I have a
couple of questions.

1.       I'm used to creating Boolean queries, filter queries, term queries, etc. for lucene.
 Am I right in thinking that for SOLR my only option is creating string queries (with q and
fq components) for solrj?

2.       Assuming that the answer to 1 is "correct", then is there an easy way to take a lucene
query (with nested Boolean queries, filter queries, etc.) and generate a SOLR query string
with q and fq components?

Thanks

Scott