lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Pötzinger <daniel.poetzin...@aoemedia.de>
Subject Document Boost not evaluated when using standard Query Type?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:13:00 GMT
Hey all

I want to show all documents with of a certain type. The documents should be ordered by the
index time document boost.

So I expected that this would work:

..../select?debugQuery=on&q=doctype:music&q.op=OR&qt=standard

But in fact every document gets the same score:

0.99997306 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(doctype:music in 1), product of:
  1.0 = tf(termFreq(doctype:music)=1)
  0.99997306 = idf(docFreq=37138, maxDocs=37138)
  1.0 = fieldNorm(field=doctype, doc=1)

So I am a bit confused now? When is the (index time) document boost evaluated?
 ( My understanding was that during indexing time the document field values are multiplicated
- and that during search this will result in the higher scores? )

Is there a better way to get a list of all documents (matching a simple "where clause) sorted
by documents boost?

Thanks for any hints.

Daniel