lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:57:36 GMT
Thanks Robert,

Removing "set" from " setMaxMergedSegmentMB" and using "maxMergedSegmentMB" fixed the problem.
( Sorry about the multiple posts.  Our mail server was being flaky and the client lied to
me about whether the message had been sent.)

I'm still confused about the mergeFactor=10 setting in the example configuration.  Took a
quick look at the code, but I'm obviously looking in the wrong place. Is mergeFactor=10 interpreted
by TieredMergePolicy as
segmentsPerTier=10 and maxMergeAtOnce=10?   If I specify values for these is the mergeFactor
setting ignored?

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 7:09 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The TieredMergePolicy has become the default with Solr 3.3, but the configuration in
the example uses the mergeFactor setting which applys to the LogByteSizeMergePolicy.

> How is the mergeFactor interpreted by the TieredMergePolicy?
>
> Is there an example somewhere showing how to configure the Solr TieredMergePolicy to
set the parameters:
> setMaxMergeAtOnce, setSegmentsPerTier, and setMaxMergedSegmentMB?

an example is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test-files/solr/conf/solrconfig-mergepolicy.xml

> I tried setting setMaxMergedSegmentMB in Solr 3.3
> <mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
>      <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">20</int>
>      <int name="segmentsPerTier">40</int>
>     <!--400GB /20=20GB  or 20000MB-->
> <double name="setMaxMergedSegmentMB">20000</double>
>    </mergePolicy>
>

> and got this error message
> "SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: no setter corrresponding to 'setMaxMergedSegmentMB'
in org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy"

Right, i think it should be:

<double name="maxMergedSegmentMB">20000</double>

--
lucidimagination.com