lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Héctor Trujillo <hecto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problemns querying for the keyword "a"
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:13:04 GMT
Yes exactly this is the reason, "the trees didn't let me see the forest",
thanks for your perfect and fast response.

2011/9/20 Gora Mohanty <gora@mimirtech.com>

> 2011/9/20 Héctor Trujillo <hectorta@gmail.com>:
> [...]
> >  I created an index and I inserted about ten documents. I defined a filed
> > named source, and I created many rows with the value “a” in this field,
> and
> > then I started to make queries, and then I took conscience that all the
> > queries that asked for the value “a” always returned zero rows
> [...]
>
> Take a look at your Solr schema in schema.xml, and stopwords.txt.
> It is very likely that "a" is being removed as a stop word.
>
> Normally, one wants this behaviour, otherwise search results would
> be cluttered with matches for simple words like "a", "an", "the", etc.
>
> Regards,
> Gora
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message