lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: integrate solr and nutch index
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:31:43 GMT
On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM, hadi <md.anbari@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to index my video and image files with solrj api's and index my sites
> with nutch 1.3,but the problem is :
> i should overwrite the nutch schema on solr schema to index the sites,if i
> do this i lost the solr schema and i couldnt index files with solrj,how can
> i solve this problem ?
> should i define multiple core for each schema and data?
[...]

Yes, it would probably be best to use separate cores, or separate Solr
instances for data that need different schemas.

If you really wish to, and there is some reason to do this, you could
also have a broad schema that has non-required fields that cover the
needs for both data models.

Regards,
Gora