lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: why we need the index information in a database ?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:46:22 GMT
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM, kiran.bodigam <kiran.bodigam@gmail.com> wrote:
> why we need the index information in a database is because it is clusterable.
> In other words, we may have/need more than one instance of the SOLR engine
> running.
[...]

Not sure if you are after multiple instances that replicate between
each other, or a solution that scales on demand. Both are possible:
Please see, e.g.,
  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication
  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud
If you could explain details of what you want, people might be
better able to advise you.

As people have pointed out, putting Solr's index into a database
makes no sense, and will almost certainly never be officially
supported.

Regards,
Gora