lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: Problemns querying for the keyword "a"
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:03:38 GMT
2011/9/20 Héctor Trujillo <hectorta@gmail.com>:
[...]
>  I created an index and I inserted about ten documents. I defined a filed
> named source, and I created many rows with the value “a” in this field, and
> then I started to make queries, and then I took conscience that all the
> queries that asked for the value “a” always returned zero rows
[...]

Take a look at your Solr schema in schema.xml, and stopwords.txt.
It is very likely that "a" is being removed as a stop word.

Normally, one wants this behaviour, otherwise search results would
be cluttered with matches for simple words like "a", "an", "the", etc.

Regards,
Gora

Mime
View raw message