lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Bulusu <ravi.b...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR error with custom FacetComponent
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:00:58 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to write a custom SOLR facet component and I'm getting some
errors when I deploy my code into the SOLR server.

Can you please let me know what Im doing wrong? I appreciate your help on
this issue. Thanks.

*Issue*

I'm getting an error saying "Error instantiating SearchComponent <My Custom
Class> is not a org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchComponent".

My custom class inherits from *FacetComponent* which extends from *
SearchComponent*.

My custom class is defined as follows…

I implemented the process method to meet our functionality.

We have some default facets that have to be sent every time, irrespective of
the Query request.

/**

 *

 * @author ravibulusu

 */

public class MyFacetComponent extends FacetComponent {

….

}