lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From karthik <kmoha...@gmail.com>
Subject Date Faceting on Solr 3.1
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 20:44:16 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure date faceting on Solr 3.1. I browsed through the
wiki and understood how to enable and configure it.

To explain this better, lets take an example -

my index has docs with dates ranging from 01/01/1995 until NOW (ie., today)
as of now. To configure date facet I need to provide these 3 parameters -

facet.date.start - i really dont want to give 1/1/1995 as the start date ..
facet.date.end - i can specify this as NOW
facet.date.gap - i would really like to keep this as 2 years at the max

Can solr take the earliest date from the result set to be the value for
"facet.date.start"? I dont want to have the value 1/1/1995 hardcoded in my
application since a new data feed that gets into my index could be older
than 1995 and i might keep missing them from the facet.

However i did see that there was another field called "facet.date.other"
that is intended to include edge cases. I see the option "before" would some
what solve my problem but would like to see if there are any alternatives.

Thanks

-- karthik