lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ravish Bhagdev <ravish.bhag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr messing up the UK GBP (pound) symbol in response, even though Java environment variabe has file encoding is set to UTF 8....
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:39:35 GMT
Thanks Chris.  Yes, changing connector settings not just in solr but also in
all webapps that were sending queries into it solved the problem!
 Appreciate the help.

R

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org>wrote:

>
> : Any idea why solr is unable to return the pound sign as-is?
> :
> : I tried typing in £ 1 million in Solr admin GUI and got following
> response.
>         ...
> : <str name="q">£ 1 million</str>
>        ...
> : Here is my Java Properties I got also from admin interface:
>        ...
> : catalina.home =
> : /home/rbhagdev/SCCRepos/SCC_Platform/search/solr/target/
>
> Looks like you are using tomcat, so I suspect you are getting bit by
> this...
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#URI_Charset_Config
>
> If that's not the problem, please try running the
> example/exampledocs/test_utf8.sh script against your Solr instance (you'll
> need to change the URL variable to match your host:port)
>
>
> -Hoss

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message