lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pranav Prakash <pra...@gmail.com>
Subject Do more fields cause more memory usage?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:27:25 GMT
How will the number of fields increase the amount of RAM usage in Solr 3.4?
I have about 37 different fields because i've made every field for every
language. I shall be doing dismax search all the time (or slightly less than
all). So, I will have to send my query like

*qf=title_en,title_ar,title_hi,title_fr... and so on.

Will it cause significantly high memory usage than had there been a unified
field with no langauge specific tokenizers?

*Pranav Prakash*

"temet nosce"

Twitter <http://twitter.com/pranavprakash> | Blog <http://blog.myblive.com> |
Google <http://www.google.com/profiles/pranny>