lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From roz dev <rozde...@gmail.com>
Subject q and fq in solr 1.4.1
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:55:38 GMT
Hi All

I am sure that q vs fq question has been answered several times.

But, I still have a question which I would like to know the answers for:

if we have a solr query like this

q=*&fq=field_1:XYZ&fq=field_2:ABC&sortBy=field_3+asc

How does SolrIndexSearcher fire query in 1.4.1

Will it fire query against whole index first because q=* then filter the
results against field_1 and field_2 or is it in parallel?

and, if we say that get only 20 rows at a time then will solr do following
1) get all the docs (because q is set to *) and sort them by field_3
2) then, filter the results by field_1 and field_2

Or, will it apply sorting after doing the filter?

Please let me know how Solr 1.4.1 works.

Thanks
Saroj