lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Herman Kiefus <herm...@angieslist.com>
Subject MoreLikeThis assumptions
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:14:34 GMT
Given a document id:n show me those other documents with similar values in the 'Name' field:

http://devsolr03:8983/solr/primary/select?q=id:182652&fl=id,Name,score&mlt=true&mlt.fl=Name

My assumption is the above query will generate the desired outcome.  It does; however, given
a different document (id) it does not.  Both id's identify a document whose name contains
the term 'smith'.  Stated differently if A is like B, C, and D I would assume that B is like
A, C, and D, but these are not the results that I'm seeing.

My objective is to simply seek out similar documents (based on several fields, I'm just using
one here) for any given document; a simple 'duplicate checker' if you will.  Am I misguided
in my assumptions?