lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr messing up the UK GBP (pound) symbol in response, even though Java environment variabe has file encoding is set to UTF 8....
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:11:42 GMT

: Any idea why solr is unable to return the pound sign as-is?
:
: I tried typing in £ 1 million in Solr admin GUI and got following response.
: <str name="q">£ 1 million</str>
: Here is my Java Properties I got also from admin interface:
: catalina.home =
: /home/rbhagdev/SCCRepos/SCC_Platform/search/solr/target/

Looks like you are using tomcat, so I suspect you are getting bit by
this...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#URI_Charset_Config

If that's not the problem, please try running the
example/exampledocs/test_utf8.sh script against your Solr instance (you'll
need to change the URL variable to match your host:port)

-Hoss