lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From karan.jindal1...@rediffmail.com
Subject Reg: Multicore vs singlecore.
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 06:42:37 GMT
hi,
I am new to solr, so just want to clarify on few points
I ran the test on the machine with following specification:-Ram : 5GBdual core : 2.66 GHzIndex
Size : 10GB
1) Is the hard disk read time is a bottle neck on solr performance? I ran few tests using
"jmeter" and analysis the system resources using "dstat". what I found is that cpu is 50%
idle, 40% waiting and 10% actual user processing all the time. why cpu is in constant waiting
state?
2) Atmost how many cores will give reasonable performance (under 2 second ) on the index of
 10GB?
Hoping for a quick respone..ThanksKaran