lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Solr 3.4 example with Tomcat 7
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 05:06:41 GMT
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Stardrive Engineering
<stardrive.engineering@gmail.com> wrote:
> Solr,
>
> We are looking to test Solr in a Tomcat setting and have discovered that the samples
that come with Solr are demonstrated with Jetty. Is there a tutorial that teaches how to rebuild
these samples within Tomcat? So far we have Tomcat running and a basic deployed version of
Solr that only shows a white page with "Welcome to Solr" in it but nothing else.

> We are new to Solr and eager to learn, a Tomcat oriented tutorial that moves on from
here would be most helpful.

Please see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat . We, and
many other people, have been running Solr with Tomcat in
production.

The Solr Wiki has a pretty wide range of documentation, and
would be a good starting point, as would the book on Solr 1.4,
by Eric Pugh.

Regards,
Gora