lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>
Subject Re: Question about optimize call - Request read Timeout
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:31:38 GMT
Am Montag, den 05.12.2011, 08:11 -0500 schrieb Erick Erickson:
> You can try bumping up the timeouts in your SolrJ program, the
> SolrServer has a bunch of timeout options.
>
> You can pretty easily tell if the optimize has carried through
> anyway, your index files should have been reduced
> substantially. But I'm pretty sure it's completing successfully.
>
> Why call it with true/true? Is your SolrJ program also responsible
> for queries and requires knowing about the state of the index?
>

> Best
> Erick

I am using true/true because if blocks until optimize is run. As the
optimize task is run on a regular basis, it won't run twice, if optimize
would take that long, as it will be only rescheduled if the task before
has completed, that the cause - any other way to know via solrj if
optimize is acutal running or done (other than using the true/true
blocking method)?

regards

Torsten