lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan Miller <alan.mill...@gmail.com>
Subject Multivalued field
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:33:36 GMT
Hi I have a webapp that plots a bunch of time series
Data which are just doubles coupled with a timestamp

Every chart in my webapp has a reportid in my db and i am wondering if it would be effective
to usr solr to serve the data th my app instead of keeping the data in my rdbms.

Currently im using hadoop to calc and generate the report data and the sticking it in my rdbms
but i could use solrj client to upload the data to a solr index

I know solr if for indexing text documents but would it be effective to use solr in this way?

I want to query by reportid and get back a series of timestamp:double pairs.

Regards
Alan