lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Valet | edelight <alexander.va...@edelight.de>
Subject Announcement of Soldash - a dashboard for multiple Solr instances
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:50:23 GMT
We use Solr quite a bit at edelight -- and love it. However, we encountered one minor peeve:
although each individual
Solr server has its own dashboard, there's no easy way of getting a complete overview of an
entire Solr cluster and the
status of its nodes.

Over the last weeks our own Aengus Walton developed Soldash, a dashboard for your entire Solr
cluster.

Although still in its infancy, Soldash gives you an overview of:

    - your Solr servers
    - what version of Solr they're running
    - what index version they have, and whether slaves are in sync with their master

as well as allowing you to:

    - turn polling and replication on or off
    - force an index fetch on a slave
    - display a file list of the current index
    - backup the index
    - reload the index

It is worth noting that due to the set-up of our own environment, Soldash has been programmed
to automatically presume all Solr instances have the same cores. This may change in future
releases, depending on community reaction.

The project is open-source and hopefully some of you shall find this tool useful in day-to-day
administration of Solr.

The newest version (0.2.2) can be downloaded at:
https://github.com/edelight/soldash/tags

Instructions on how to configure Soldash can be found at the project's homepage on github:
https://github.com/edelight/soldash

Feedback and suggestions are very welcome!

edelight GmbH, Wilhelmstr. 4a, 70182 Stuttgart

Fon: +49 (0)711-912590-14 | Fax: +49 (0)711-912590-99

Geschäftsführer: Peter Ambrozy, Tassilo Bestler
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 722861
Ust.-IdNr. DE814842587

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der rechtmäßige Empfänger sind, dürfen Sie
den Inhalt weder kopieren noch verbreiten oder benutzen. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich
erhalten haben, senden Sie sie bitte an uns zurück und löschen Sie sie anschließend.

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose
or use its contents. If you have received it in error, please inform us immediately by return
email and delete the document.