lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Husain, Yavar" <yhus...@firstam.com>
Subject Autocommit & Index Size
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:01:10 GMT
In solrconfig.xml I was experimenting with Indexing Performance. When I set the maxDocs (in
autoCommit) to say 10000 documents the index size is double to if I just dont use autoCommit
(i.e. keep it commented, i.e commit at the end only after adding documents).

Does autoCommit affect the index size and if so why (as it should only affect performance)
?

- Yavar

</PRE>
<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>This
message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the<BR>addressee(s)
named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are<BR>not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,<BR>you
are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly<BR>prohibited.
If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by<BR>replying
to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you.~<BR>
FAFLD<BR>
<PRE>