lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Swapna Vuppala <Swapna.Vupp...@arup.com>
Subject RE: Mapping and Capture in ExtractingRequestHandler
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 05:04:32 GMT
Hi Erick,

Can you please give me little more information about SolrJ program and how to use it to construct
a Solr document ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:28 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mapping and Capture in ExtractingRequestHandler

When you start getting into complex HTML extraction, you're probably
better off using a SolrJ program with a forgiving HTML parser
and extracting the relevant bits yourself and construction a
SolrDocument.

FWIW,
Erick

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Swapna Vuppala
<Swapna.Vuppala@arup.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that we can specify parameters in ExtractingRequestHandler in solrconfig.xml
to capture HTML tags of a particular type and map them to desired solr fields, like something
below.

> <str name="capture">div</str>
> <str name="fmap.div">mysolrfield</str>
>
> The above setting will capture content in "div" tags and copy to the solr field "mysolrfield".
>
> What am interested is in capturing div tags with a particular class name to a solr field.
When extracting content from outlook messages, I would like to capture the content within
to go into another solr field.