lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Aristov <alexander.aris...@gmail.com>
Subject solr ignore duplicate documents
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:34:30 GMT
People,

I am asking for your help with solr.

When a document is sent to solr and such document already exists in its
index (by its ID) then the new doc replaces the old one.

But I don't want to automatically replace documents. Just ignore and
proceed to the next. How can I configure solr to do so?

Of course I can query solr to check if it has the document already but it's
bad for me since I do bulk updates and this will complicate the process and
increase amount of request.

So are there any ways to configure solr to ignore duplicates? Just ignore.
I don't need any specific responses or actions.

Best Regards
Alexander Aristov