lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven Ou <steve...@gmail.com>
Subject NRT or similar for Solr 3.5?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 05:30:29 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm looking for NRT functionality or similar in Solr 3.5. Is that possible?
>From what I understand there's NRT in Solr 4, but I can't figure out
whether or not 3.5 can do it as well?

If not, is it feasible to use an autoCommit every 1000ms? We don't
currently process *that* much data so I wonder if it's OK to just commit
very often? Obviously not scalable on a large scale, but it is feasible for
a relatively small amount of data?

I recently upgraded from Solr 1.4 to 3.5. I had a hard time getting
everything working smoothly and the process ended up taking my site down
for a couple hours. I am very hesitant to upgrade to Solr 4 if it's not
necessary to get some sort of NRT functionality.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!
--
Steven Ou | 歐偉凡

*ravn.com* | Chief Technology Officer