lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faceting with null dates
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:22:53 GMT
Hmmm, I'm not sure I'm following this.
"Is there a way to query the index to not give me non-null dates in return"
So you want null dates?
and:
"which gives me some unwanted non-null dates in the result set"
which seems to indicate you do NOT want null dates.

I honestly don't know what your desired outcome is, could you
clarify?

Best
Erick

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM, kenneth hansen <kenhans@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> hello,I have the following faceting parameters, which gives me some unwanted non-null
dates in the result set. Is there a way to query the index to not give me non-null dates in
return? I.e. I would like to get a result set which contains only non-nulls on the validToDate,
but as I am faceting on non-null values on the validToDate, I would like to get the non-null
values in the faceting result. This response example below gives me 10 results, with 7 non-null
validToDates. What I would like to get is 3 results and 7 non-null validToDate facets. And
as I write this, I start to wonder if this is possible at all as the facets are dependent
on the result set and that this might be better to handle in the application layer by just
extracting 10-7=3...
> Any help would be appreciated!
> br,ken
>
> <result name="response" numFound="10" start="0"><lst name="facet_counts"><lst
name="facet_ranges">  <lst name="validToDate">  <lst name="counts">  <int
name="2011-11-14T00:00:00Z">7</int>