lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Replication
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:43:50 GMT
We need some more details. It might help to review:
I don't even know how to go about trying.

Are you clicking on the master? Slave? Have
you indexed any docs on the master? Details matter.

But to your second point, yes this is a common (and recommended)
configuration. Index on the master and search on the slaves.

Best
Erick

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Ahson Iqbal <mianahson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to setup replication, and have 2 question regarding it
>
> 1st i am having issue in configuring replication, I have done all as mentioned http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication
at master server but whenever I tried to open the url in browser

> http://localhost:8983/solr/replication
>
> I got this error
>
> HTTP Status 404 - /solr/replicationbut in tutorial it is mentioned i should get OK status.
>
> 2ndly i have a plan that all indexing will be on master server and all searches will
be on slave server, am I doing it right.