lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mapping and Capture in ExtractingRequestHandler
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:58:18 GMT
When you start getting into complex HTML extraction, you're probably
better off using a SolrJ program with a forgiving HTML parser
and extracting the relevant bits yourself and construction a
SolrDocument.

FWIW,
Erick

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Swapna Vuppala
<Swapna.Vuppala@arup.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that we can specify parameters in ExtractingRequestHandler in solrconfig.xml
to capture HTML tags of a particular type and map them to desired solr fields, like something
below.

> <str name="capture">div</str>
> <str name="fmap.div">mysolrfield</str>
>
> The above setting will capture content in "div" tags and copy to the solr field "mysolrfield".
>
> What am interested is in capturing div tags with a particular class name to a solr field.
When extracting content from outlook messages, I would like to capture the content within
to go into another solr field.