lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of json vs xml?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:17:03 GMT
How are you getting your documents into Solr? Because
if you're using SolrJ it's a moot point because a binary
format is used.

I haven't done any specific comparisons, but I'd be
surprised if JSON took longer.

And removing a whole operation from your update
chain that had to be kept fed and watered is worth
the risk of a bit of slowdown.

In other words, "Try it and see" <G>...

Best
Erick