lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quick relevance question
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:19:24 GMT
There's actually a Solr JIRA about this:

But it begs the question of why you want to do this?
Are you sure this would actually providing a better
experience for your users? The reason I ask is
that you could put a lot of effort into making this happen
and discover that it was a waste....

IOTW, what's the use case?

Best
Erick

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Ryan Gehring <rgehring@linkedin.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> SOLR Newbie here. I managed to pick a use case that is a little goofy for my first SOLR
voyage and would love help.

> I'd like to rank documents by the total matching term count rather than the usual cosine
similarity stuff.

> I have a field named "all" which has all my searchable fields copyfielded to it.It seems
like I need to use SOLR 4.0 and