lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CRUD on solr Index while replicating between master/slave
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:52:14 GMT
Whoa! Replicating takes 15 mins? That's a really long time. Are you including
about the polling interval here? Or is this just raw replication time?

Because this is really suspicious. Are you optimizing your index all the time
or something? Replication should pull down ONLY the changed segments.
But optimizing changes *all* the segments (really, collapses them into one)
and you'd be copying the full index each replication.

Or are you committing after every few documents? Or?

You need to understand why replication takes soooo long before going
any further IMO. It may be perfectly legitimate, but on the surface it sure
doesn't seem right.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The slave will get the changes next time it polls the master and master tells it the
index has changed.
> Note that master doesn't replicate to slave, but rather the slave copies changes from
the master.

> Otis
> ----
> Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html

Yes

>>> Otis
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch
>>> Lucene ecosystem search :: http://search-lucene.com/

we do on the master & what operations are possible on the slave?
this anyway. Also I understand that doing DML on a slave will make the slave index incompatible
with the master.

scenario that might be helpful.