lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 3.2 - Results not showing up
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:29:39 GMT
OK, so querying *:* from the admin interface returns no results
or a specific query that you think should return results doesn't?

If the former..... that would be very, very weird and would
likely be a lack of commit, but that's grasping at straws..

Did you just copy your solrconfig.xml file from 1.4 to a
3.2 installation? Because I think "autocommit" is
commented out by default, you might try committing
explicitly via a browser.

So now wer're talking having to see your config files and
any other background info you think would help.

Best
Erick

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Pawan Darira <pawan.darira@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply. Please find my comments below. although after all the
> basic R&D, i wrote the issue.
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> If you look at the admin/stats page, does it show anything
>> for numDocs and maxDocs?
>>
>> i did look at stats. there are around 71 thousand records
>
>
>> Have you tried looking at the index with Luke to see what's
>> in there?
>>
>> i did looked at index also with Luke. the data is proper
>
>
>> Have you tried just looking at your data/index directory and
>> seeing if there are files there?
>>
> There are definitely files in data/index directory (mentioned in my mail)
>
>
>> Are you sure you commit the changes?
>>
>> I did not explicitly commit the changes. I was using DIH & it should
> auto-commit the changes. I haven't done explicit commit in my previous
> version of 1.4 also
>
>
>> Did you read the CHANGES.txt file to see if it mentions
>> any changes you need to know about?
>>
>> I did read the CHANGES.txt file
>
>
>> You might want to review:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UsingMailingLists
>> as you've given us very little to really go on.
>>
>> Best
>> Erick
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Pawan Darira <pawan.darira@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I newly upgraded to Solr 3.2 from Solr 1.4. I was using DIH in 1.4 & also
>> > in 3.2. I built my index & it doesn't gave me any issues. The index
>> > directory & it's files are properly in place
>> >
>> > Now, when i tried to look the data through admin, it is giving me ZERO
>> > results. does it due to "HTTP Caching" or "Auto-commit" feature or
>> anything
>> > else. Please suggest
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > Pawan
>>

Mime
View raw message